We are SO excited to announce that the 2015 Sophisticated Weddings: New York Edition is now available for purchase! Pre-order online sales with free domestic shipping are now open online, or you can find a copy at your local Barnes & Noble newsstand, Duane Reade, Whole Foods, Walgreens, and virtually everywhere magazines are sold. Sophisticated Weddings is the ultimate resource for all things wedding, from finding your perfect venue to enjoying your big day! The 2015 Edition includes:
- Venue guide, complete with all of the details you could ever want or need to know. Sample menu, capacity, amenities- we did all the research!
- New York City’s top vendors in every category. We feature the most talented individuals in the wedding industry, all in one magazine.
- Bridal Market coverage, so you know what’s hot on the runway, and offer up a little inspiration for finding the dress of your dreams!
- Fashion editorial spreads featuring gorgeous venues, gowns, accessories, and more!
- Celebrity and designer interviews.
- Fun and informative articles with tips about how to best enjoy your wedding, entertain kids on the big day, best beauty secrets, advice column for the sticky situations, registry must-haves, captivating photographs, destination weddings and honeymoons, men’s fashion, and much, much more!
Be sure to pick up your copy today! Happy planning!!
We’re loving the dreamy looks of the latest Isle by Melis Kozan collection, and we think they’re perfect for some fun in the Caribbean sun, or roaming around a foreign city! Featuring clean lines, bold colors, kaleidoscopic prints, and ready-to-layer pieces inspired by world travels, we know just what we want packed in our luggage!
It’s feeling a bit chilly up in New York City, and we’re dreaming of warmer climates, here at Sophisticated Weddings: New York Edition! For this Wedding Wednesday post, we’re excited share that Atlantis, Paradise Island, one of our favorite tropical destinations to honeymoon or host a wedding, has joined Marriott’s Autograph Collection. Continue reading
For anyone who is planning a wedding, among the most important elements of the big day is the music. It is a key aspect that defines the energy of the crowd, gets the guests (even the wallflowers!) on the dance floor, and is often what makes photographs as memorable as they are. It is the life of the party; the heartbeat of the reception. Soulsystem Orchestras & Music Production takes all of this and more to a whole new level of entertainment, and introduces options you never imagined from your wedding musicians. Continue reading
The Fall 2015 collection by Pnina Tornai is a work of eye that demands to be seen. The gowns to strut the Kleinfeld runway during Bridal Market were more than merely wedding dresses- they were works of art to be admired. Inspired by the intricate patterns of the butterfly, the bride who wears this collection is adorned with intricate detail that celebrates her form. She is not simple or easily understood, but she is free to express the essence of her being in a beautiful fashion. It is no wonder that Pnina Tornai‘s designs are the frequently the choice of so many brides on TLC’s Say Yes To The Dress. Continue reading
Dennis Basso revealed his 2015 bridal collection on the Kleinfeld runway during Bridal Market, and he did not disappoint. Shimmering ivory satin and rose gold gowns blended grace with exquisite shape and form. Beaded embroidery and long sleeve illusions worked to enhance the inspired classic romance of these gowns. A collection with a European feel, Dennis Basso drapes the bride that is modern without being too edgy, alluring without being too seductive, demands to be noticed without being too revealing. She is confident in her beauty, transcending time with style that is appreciated and celebrated by everyone who witnesses her. Continue reading
Fluid beauty was the buzz of the Kleinfeld runway at the Mark Zunino Bridal Market runway show. The Fall 2015 collection embraced the smooth, calming elements of water, and made harmonious chemistry with the female form. Continue reading